Pastoral Programme: Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education (PSHCE)
This is an innovative and exciting programme which focusses on the holistic development of students and includes the following strands:
- Spiritual development: This strand provides students with an opportunity to help develop a real and lasting relationship with God. Core topics include: prayer, religious experiences, spirituality in art, music, architecture and nature as well as spirituality expressed through other religions.
- Relationship development: This strand will consider the dignity and intrinsic worth of each individual person. This area will explore what is understood as authentic human love between people made in the image and likeness of God.
- Social development: This strand will develop in our students’ social skills, self-awareness and personal well-being. We will also attempt to create an awareness in students of the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations by looking at the social, economic and political dimensions of life.
- Cultural development: This strand celebrates and acknowledges the rich cultural diversity we have in our world, country and school. Students will be able to explore the varied traditions, faiths and cultural practices associated with a multi-cultural society.
- Learning development: This strand aims to develop in our students the skills of an effective learner. These skills will be relevant both in school and in the wider context of life-long learning.